Thursday 28 November 2013

The Name's Bennet, Elizabeth Bennet

“I declare after all there is no enjoyment like reading! How much sooner one tires of any thing than of a book! -- When I have a house of my own, I shall be miserable if I have not an excellent library.” 
― Jane AustenPride and Prejudice




















As part of Scottish National Book Week 2013, the Scottish Book Trust have developed a rather clever Facebook survey and app that tells you which literary hero/heroine you are most like.

With a whole library of possible candidates you could be matched with, I was rather excited to find out who my literary doppleganger would be....

Cue my surprise when i discovered I was none other than Miss Elizabeth Bennet...

I've only ever managed to get halfway through Pride & Prejudice as something about the story just didn't click - I'm not sure if it was the endless whining from Lydia or the melancholic moaning from Elizabeth herself but something just wasn't doing it for me.

Although Lizzie B wouldn't be my first choice, it is definitely a pretty accurate match in terms of personality according to the quiz. So much so that I've just downloaded Pride & Prejudice onto my kindle to see if I can finally crack the Bennets once and for all - wish me luck!

You can take the quiz for yourself here  let me know how you get on.



No comments :

Post a Comment